Raspberry Chiffon Cake
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups White Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 small pkg. Raspberry Gelatin (Jell-O)
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 Large Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 tablespoon Raspberry Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1 quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar*
- 1 teaspoon Raspberry Extract
Adapted from egglandsbest.com
Adjust rack to lower middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 325°.
Measure flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and gelatin into a deep mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. Make a well and add oil, egg yolks, water and raspberry extract in order given. Don't beat yet.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
Now beat egg yolk batter until smooth and light, then pour over egg whites. Fold in with a rubber spatula (try not to stir, using only a folding technique until well combined). Pour batter into a 10" tube pan. Bake for 55 - 60 minutes, or until done (it will feel solid when tapped and a pick should come out clean or with a few moist crumbs). Cover loosely with foil should the top darken. Remove from oven and hang upside down on a bottle until cool-about 1 ½ hrs.
To make the icing, place icing ingredients in a chilled deep mixing bowl and beat with chilled beaters until smooth peaks form. Brush crumbs from cake, spread on a smooth coating layer and refrigerate along with the bowl of whipped cream. After ten minutes, frost top and sides of cake. Place some whipped cream in a zip-top bag, clip off the corner (or use a pastry bag and tip) and pipe around the bottom, top edge and hole edge. Garnish with fresh raspberries, if available and mint leaves. Keep refrigerated.
Note: You can adjust the amount of sugar for desired sweetness.
You'll also love
- Bacon Cheese Inside Out Turkey... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Mom's zucchini bread 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Candied carrots - #1 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp, Scallop & Crab Ceviche... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pecan Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry & Lime Moscato Punch 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Blueberry Almond Quick Bread 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- RASPBERRY TRIFLE 4.4/5 (26 Votes)