Pecan Apple Crisp
Not sure what to do with lots of apples? This crisp is easy and flavorful. Brown Sugar and Pecans help give it some pizazz! Warm and delicious...breakfast or dessert, maybe both.
- 10 cups sliced, peeled apples**
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 c butter diced
- coat apples with lemon or lime juice as you slice them. Keeps them from going brown, and adds a hint of citrus in the recipe.
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cupbutter, melted
- 1/2 cupchopped pecans
- Original recipe thanks to Allrecipe.com
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine apples and the 1/3 cup brown sugar in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish; sprinkle butter on top. Set aside until ready to use.
For topping, combine rolled oats, the 1/2 cup brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add melted butter; mix well. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
***can make peach crisp by substituting thawed frozen peaches. If peaches are too moist, add 1-2 tbsp flour to brown sugar before adding to peaches.