Mom's zucchini bread
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 325 and grease and flour 2 9x5 loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs well. Add oil, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla; stir well. Blend in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt. Stir in raisins and nuts.
Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 60 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted near the center comes back out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in pan before taking a butter knife and loosening the edges of the bread from the pan. Turn out bread onto a wire baker's rack and cover with a dry towel until completely cooled.
You'll also love
- Candied carrots - #1 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheater Korean Beef 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp, Scallop & Crab Ceviche... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Pumpkin-Oat Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Grilled Brussel Sprouts with... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Texas Zucchini Casserole 4.7/5 (7 Votes)