Black Bean Mango Soup with Chicken
Easy black bean soup with boneless chicken thigh pieces using coconut oil.
(not a photogenic soup!)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of prepared mango salsa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften. Add chili powder and cumin and continue cooking 1 minute longer. Add beans, salsa, water and salt. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Puree a portion of the soup to desired consistency. Cook the chicken in coconut oil and add to soup. Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
You'll also love
- Spinach-Mushroom Quiche 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Frito Chicken Tenders with Buffalo... 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Instant Pot Potato & Leek Soup 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Roasted Tomatillo & Green Olive... 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mango Mojito Popsicles 4.4/5 (38 Votes)