Black Bean Mango Soup with Chicken
Easy black bean soup with boneless chicken thigh pieces using coconut oil.
(not a photogenic soup!)
- 2 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 15-ounce cans of black beans, rinsed
- 3 cups of water
- 3/4 cup of prepared mango salsa
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cooked boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces.
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften. Add chili powder and cumin and continue cooking 1 minute longer. Add beans, salsa, water and salt. Bring to a boil reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Puree a portion of the soup to desired consistency. Cook the chicken in coconut oil and add to soup. Serve with sour cream and cilantro if desired.
You'll also love
- Pork Burgers with Sauerkraut &... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Easy Maple Syrup Fried Eggs over... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Chamorro Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken and... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheesy Salsa Lime Chicken 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Black Bean & Sweet Corn Guacamole 4.6/5 (5 Votes)