Ravioli with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, adapted from The Pioneer Woman
The ever popular food blog, "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" inspired me to make this very quick dinner. You can roast your own bell peppers, but I had a leftover jar of red bell peppers. This is a nice change from spaghetti. I made a few change to boost the flavor a bit. We ate this with vegetarian ravioli and loved it. Too see how I made this, visit my food blog at: http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2010/05/ravioli-with-roasted-red-pepper-sauce.html
- 3 whole Red Bell Peppers
- 2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole small shallot (or 1/2 whole Onion, Finely Diced)
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Flat Leaf Parsley, Finely Minced
- Fresh Parmesan, Shaved Or Grated
- 1/2 pounds (to 1 Pound) Pasta: Orecchiette, Penne, Fusilli, Etc. or
- 1 package Ravioli, with your favorite filling
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Roast red peppers, and then place in a Ziploc bag to allow to sweat. Peel the charred skins from the peppers, then removed seeds. Set aside.
NOTE: One jar of roasted red peppers works fine, too.
Lightly toast pine nuts in a skillet. Set aside.
Puree peppers with pine nuts, and a little bit of chicken stock (about 1/4 cup. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
In a skillet or pot over medium heat, drizzle in olive oil. Add diced shallots and garlic and cook until soft. Pour in pepper puree and stir together. Add plenty of salt.
Pour in cream and stir to combine.
NOTE: I used half heavy cream and half chicken stock, which tasted great.
Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Add cooked pasta, and then stir together.
Place pasta into a bowl, top with chopped parsley and plenty of shaved Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Air Fryer Spanish Omelette 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- N'awlins BBQ Shrimp 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Spring Pasta 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Chamorro Chicken Curry 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Midnight Pasta 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Tomato Macaroni Cheese Bake 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe