from pampered chef Deep Covered Baker pg 23 with added variation
- 1 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened (opttional)I leave out
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 10-oz package of hummus or 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 seeded cucumber diced
- 2 tbsp pampered chef greek rub divided (optional)
- 1 tomato diced or 1 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained/patted dry
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, chidken breasts
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 medium red onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 45mins
This can be used as a dip or pita topping/filling
Method for grilled Pita
Dice tomatoes and slice olives crosswise. Thinly slice onion crosswise into rings. Combine tomatoes, onion and garlic sliced with garlic slicer in the Deep covered Baker. Mix well. Season chicken with 2 TBS of the rub and salt. Arrange chicken over the tomato mixture in the baker, overlapping as necessary. Microwave covered on high 12-15 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 in thickest part of chicken. Carefully remove baker from microwave and let stand covered for 5 minutes. Carefully remove chicken from the baker to cutting board; dice chicken and return to baker; add parsley and mix well.
2: Meanwhile, cut cucumber in half crosswise. Grate one cucumber half using Microplane adjustable coarse grater to measure 1/2 C; pat dry. Dice remaining cucumber half and set aside. Combine grated cucumber, yogurt, 1/2 C of the feta and remaining 2 tsp of the rub in small batter bowl. Mix well.
3: Heat grill pan over medium heat5 minutes. Spray one side of pitas with vegetable oil using the spritzer. Place one pita into pan, spayed side down. Cook 1-2 minutes or until grill marks appear; set aside and keep warm. Repeat with remaining pitas.
4: Spread yogurt mixture over grilled pitas; top with chicken mixture, remaining feta and cucumber.
Method for making a dip:
To make the dip, combine the cream cheese (or just use hummus as bottom), garlic, dill and lemon juice with an electric mixer. Spread this mixture onto the bottom of a serving platter. Top with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, green onions, Feta and parsley. Cover and chill for an hour or so before serving. Serve as a dip with pita chips, or if you'd like to make the Chicken Pita Wraps, fill a pita pocket with the dip and add some grilled chicken and you've got yourself a delicious Mediterranean meal.
You'll also love
- Falafel-Crusted Chicken With... 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Kerala Style Pan-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich 3.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Rotisserie Chicken Club Wrap 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon Herb Mediterranean Chicken... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Honey-Chicken Salad -- Southern... 3.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Mediterranean Chicken & Black Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)