Mediterranean Chicken & Black Bean Soup
This delicious and hearty Mediterranean Chicken & Black Bean Soup with tomatoes, onions and corn is easy to put together and everyone will LOVE it!
- 11/2 cups dried black beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, preferably fire-roasted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered, opt.
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/4 cup halved pitted oil-cured olives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 255mins
Drain black beans and place in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Add 4 cups chicken stock, onion, tomatoes and their juice, tomato paste, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, paprika, cayenne and ground pepper; stir to combine. Add chicken.
Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
Transfer the chicken to a clean cutting board and let cool slightly.
Discard bay leaf. Add artichokes, corn, olives and salt to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Shred the chicken, discarding bones. Stir the chicken into the soup.
Serve topped with parsley (or cilantro).
You'll also love
- Breakfast Casserole with Grits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- K's Ravioli Bolognese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fusilli with Chicken & Asparagus 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Sardianian Sausage Tomato Sauce &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Split Pea No Ham Soup in Pressure... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- The Best Chicken Soup Ever 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Oven-Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)