Spicy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
Submitted By: TABASCO® Brand Pepper Sauces
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 7 Hours 30 Minutes
"Bring some zing to traditional crispy fried chicken by adding TABASCO® Sauce to the buttermilk marinade."
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Original TABASCO® brand
- Pepper Sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) chicken, cut up into 8
- pieces 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Canola oil for deep frying
1.Combine buttermilk, TABASCO® Sauce, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a large bowl or large resealable plastic bag and mix well. Add the chicken and cover bowl or seal bag; refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours.
2.Combine flour, remaining 2 teaspoons salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and allow excess buttermilk to drip off. Dredge chicken pieces in flour mixture and let chicken sit for 10 minutes.
3.Add about 1-inch of oil to a large, deep skillet. Attach a deep-fry thermometer and, over medium-high heat, bring oil to 350 degrees F.
4.Fry chicken in batches of four, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a wire rack set on a baking sheet.
You'll also love
- Kerala Style Pan-Fried Chicken 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Rigatoni 3.8/5 (36 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Roll... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Fried-Chicken Fried Rice With... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Buffalo Chicken... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Ashley Christensen’s Fried... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Sesame Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)