Kerala Style Pan-Fried Chicken
Kerala, also known as Keralam is a state located in the south-west region of India on the Malabar coast.
Adapted recipe by indugetscooking
- 500 grams chicken thighs/legs
- 2 1/2 tbsps red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Salt to taste
- A few curry leaves
- 1 cup coconut oil (or to deep fry)
Clean chicken pieces thoroughly and make slits on it so that the marinade is absorbed into the chicken.
Mix together the chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste, vinegar and salt to form a thick paste. Rub the marinade thoroughly into the chicken pieces. Let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
Heat oil in a wok. Add curry leaves and fry for a few seconds. Place the chicken pieces in the oil, and fry each side in medium heat till the meat is well done.
Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and garnish with lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Potato Leek Soup 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Djuvec - Serbian Casserole 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicarrones de Pollo (Puerto Rican... 3.9/5 (15 Votes)
- Spicy Chicken Rigatoni 3.8/5 (43 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Roll... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Peach Whisky Barbecue Chicken... 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Thai Sticky Chicken Fingers 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Vegetable Soup with Herbs 4.2/5 (13 Votes)