Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
Upgrade your tuna sandwich with cucumbers, red onion, and egg in this recipe. Make these sandwiches ahead of time and take them on a fun picnic in the park! Tuna Nicoise Sandwiches pack up nicely so that you can pack a healthy and scrumptious lunch for you and your family any time of the year. These sandwhiches are filled to the brim with protein to fill you up and keep you full all day long.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- coarse salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 (6-ounce) cans oil-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 English cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 (8-inch) round loaf country-style bread
- 3 tablespoons jarred olive tapenade
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 large eggs, hard-cooked and sliced
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; season with salt and black pepper. Transfer 2 tablespoons dressing to another bowl; toss with tuna. To remaining dressing, add cucumber and onion; toss to combine.
Cut bread in half horizontally; remove most of the soft interior crumb. Spread tapenade on the bottom half. Top with basil leaves, then egg slices; season with salt and pepper. Top with tuna, then cucumber mixture; close sandwich.
Wrap sandwich tightly in plastic and place between two baking sheets. Weight with a heavy skillet. Let stand 1 hour (or refrigerate, up to overnight). To serve, cut into quarters.
You'll also love
- Deviled Eggs with Crispy Shallot... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Cheese & Guinness Spread 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Roasted Corn Nuts 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cajun Sesame Chicken 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Spaghetti Pie 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Bucatini ai Frutti di Mare... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Salmon, Cream Cheese & Dill... 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Kosher Jambalaya 4.2/5 (12 Votes)