Grilled Chicken Sandwich with Apricot Sauce
This was so yummy! Everyone loves it. Love the apricot spread, it really makes the sandwich!
- 2 whole chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless, pounded to even thickness
- Sliced sourdough or crusty bread
- Apricot Preserves
- Dijon Mustard
- Cayenne Pepper, optional
- Baby Spinach (I used argula)
- Red Onion, Sliced Thinly (I caramelized them)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and grill until cooked all the way through. Wrap in plastic wrap and efrigerate until needed.
Combine equal parts apricot preserves, Dijon mustard, and mayonnaise. Add cayenne to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
To assemble, spread apricot sauce on two slices of bread. Add chicken breast, baby spinach, and red onion slices.
Serve cold or drizzle with olive oil and brown on a panini grill.
Notes: Definitely toast the bread, or it gets soggy. Cayenne is a must. I added lemon juice and honey to the sauce with amazing results. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Pinto Bean Pie 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Caramel-Walnut Upside-down Banana... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Fruit Nut... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Crust √ ***... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Minced Mutton/Mutton Keema Vada 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken Pasta Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Basic Curry Gravy 3.9/5 (22 Votes)
- Zaxby's Dipping Sauce 3.7/5 (28 Votes)