Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwich
As far as chicken salads go, this recipe leans toward the sweeter side of savory with the addition of cranberries, apple juice, and honey. A nutritious, well-balanced sandwich.
- 3 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken, about 2 pounds
- 1 cup celery, diced, about 3 stalks
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, such as Craisins, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Sliced bread, for serving
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large mixing bowl toss together shredded chicken, celery, pecans, dried cranberries and Parmesan cheese, set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients until well blended.
Pour dressing over chicken mixture and toss to evenly coat.
Serve over sliced bread, croissants or rolls. Store in refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Sausage Breakfast... 4.3/5 (76 Votes)
- Instant Pot Whole “Roast”... 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Ell Pollo Loco Chicken 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Mexican Gazpacho Chicken Salad 4.5/5 (59 Votes)
- Easy Chicken & Rice Wraps by... 4.4/5 (62 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad Wraps 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- BLT Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (24 Votes)
- Southern-Style Chicken Salad 4.4/5 (38 Votes)