Chocolate Raspberry Trifle
- 1 box devils food or chocolate cake mix, plus the fixings to make the cake (I used Pillsbury)
- 1 small box (3.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups cold milk (I used 2%, but whole would be fine too)
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam, heated and liquid
- 1 - 8 or 16 oz. tub of Cool Whip, depending on how much you want to use. I used about 2/3 of the 16 oz.
Bake the cake according to the package directions and let cool completely. Cut into 1-1/2 inch cubes.
Prepare the pudding according to the package about 10 minutes before starting to layer the trifle.
Place the raspberry jam into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments until it is liquid.
You will be making a total of three layers.
In the bottom of a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl start your layering. One layer of chocolate cake cubes, and squish them in so the bottom is mostly covered. Next spoon on 1/3 of the jam.
Next add 1/3 of the chocolate pudding then 1/3 of the Cool Whip.
Repeat the layers two more times.
Chill for at least 3 hours before serving. Dish up and enjoy!
Serves - a lot