Jello Cream Cake
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 c chopped walnuts or pecans
- Cream Layer:
- 1 (3 oz) package lemon Jello (small box)
- 1 c boiling water
- 1/2 c sugar
- 8 oz package cream cheese (one block), softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Jello Layer:
- 1 (6 oz) package lime Jello (large box)
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 c cold water
Adapted from foodlibrarian.com
Cream together butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add flour and nuts to the mix. Press dough into buttered 9 x 13 inch pan. I use the Pyrex pan. Bake crust for 10-15 minutes in preheated 375 degrees oven or until crust is brown. Let cool.
Dissolve lemon Jello with 1 cup boiling water. Let this mixture cool. In a large bowl, cream together sugar and cream cheese. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream to stiff peaks (but don't make butter). Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Don't worry about it blending perfectly. Add the cooled lemon Jello and hand whisk together. Pour cream mixture over cooled crust and chill until firm in the refrigerator.
In a large bowl, dissolve lime Jello with 2 cups boiling water. Add 1 cup cold water. Let this mixture cool. Pour on top of cheese mixture and return to refrigerator to cool completely.
Cut and enjoy!
You can, of course, change the color to suit your mood or holiday. This makes a bunch and can get pretty tall! When you add the cream layer, make sure you leave space for the top Jello layer. I usually place the 9x13 pan on a half-sheet pan in case I have spillage when placing the top layer on the cake!
You'll also love
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Pecan Pie 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- White Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Chocolate Banana Cream Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Praline Ice Cream Cake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Crumb Cake 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- White-Bottom Caramel Cream Cheese... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Peppermint Cream Pound Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)