Fool-Proof Perfect Lemon Curd
I found this recipe a few years ago, but forgot exactly where. This recipe is foolproof...honest! When I make this, I also whip up a batch of ricotta pancakes. It's a wonderful change from pancake syrup. You can use Eureka lemons, but I might suggest that you increase the sugar-- taste it! Meyer lemons, are the tastiest because they have a sweeter taste. NOTE: This recipe uses the whole egg, which makes this an easy way to make lemon curd. I have a different curd recipe, using only yolks, so that I can use the whites to make meringue. Either way, please try this. You'll never buy lemon curd in the jar again. Trust me.
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
In a 2 quart saucepan, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, eggs, and butter.
Cook over medium-low heat until thick enough to hold marks from whisk, and first bubble appears on surface, about 6 minutes.
Remove from heat.
The curd can be stored in the refrigerator, in a tight-fitting jar, for up to one week.
You'll also love
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Salmon and Shrimp Fettuccine... 4/5 (86 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.1/5 (40 Votes)
- Patti LaBelle's Simple And... 3.8/5 (333 Votes)
- Orange Crush Citrus Custard 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cake 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Old Fashioned Banana Cream Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Honey-Orange Syrup 4/5 (27 Votes)