Potato Fish Cakes
Homemade salmon and potato pancakes are a perfect lunch or supper! You can use left over salmon and/or potatoes to make this a quick dinner to put together when you get home.
- Vegetable oil
- 2 salmon filets, or any other fish, about 12 ounces
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, whisked together
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
Adapted from 99cooking.com
Preheat a sauté pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
Add a splash of oil to the pan, enough to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin film. Season the salmon filets with salt and pepper and carefully place them in the pan. Sear the fillets on both sides until they’re golden brown, crispy and cooked through.
Boil or steam the potatoes. Toss hot potatoes into a mixing bowl. Using a potato masher, mash them until smooth. Add the salmon, eggs, mustard and green onions. Season with more salt and pepper. Beat with a wooden spoon until everything is well combined and then form the mixture into evenly shaped cakes. Dredge them in the flour.
Clean out the skillet and preheat over medium-high heat. Add another splash of oil and this time 1-2 tablespoons or so of butter. When the butter melts and sizzles, add the fish cakes. Pan-fry them until they’re golden brown and crispy on both sides.
You'll also love
- Spicy Double Stuffed Swiss Bacon... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna & Noodles 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini Fritters 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Mixed-Fruit Tart with Coconut... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Buffalo Corn Chower 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Pumpkin Dip 4.5/5 (24 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Teriyaki Salmon Stir-Fry 4.8/5 (4 Votes)