Mixed-Fruit Tart with Coconut Crust (betty crocker)
July 08, 2013
- Coconut Crust:
- Coconut Crust (below)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 3 cups assorted friuit (blueberries, raspberries or sliced kiwifruit, nectarines or strawberrries)
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup flour
- 6 tbsp margarine or butter, room temp
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat oven to 350°F.
In medium bowl, mix flour, butter, sugar and egg yolk, using fork or pastry blender, until soft dough forms. Stir in coconut.
Press dough firmly in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan to edge of pan. Prick thoroughly with fork so the crust won't puff up. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and marshmallow creme until smooth. Spread evenly over cooled crust.
Arrange fruit on cream cheese mixture.
In a saucepan, heat preserves and water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until preserves are melted. Cool slightly. Spoon over fruit.