Baked Shrimp Scampi
If you want a easy dinner to make but have it taste as it came from a restarant this is it!!! A different twist on scampi but oh so good!!!!
Buttery, lemon, garlic, shrimp an a tasty crunchy topping
- 2 lbs. large to extra large shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tsp salt (divided)
- 1-1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, (divided)
- 1 stick SOFTENED butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced well
- 1/4 cup minced shallots (or dried shallots) or green onions
- 1/4 cup parsley
- dash of red pepper flakes
- zest of lemon
- Juice of a lemon or 1/4 or less
- cup lemon juice (be careful not to add to much)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Preheat oven to 425.
1. Place shrimp in a mixing bowl and toss with olive oil, wine, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper, Let sit.
2. In another bowl, mash softened butter with garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes, zest, lemon juice, egg yolk and 2/3 cup Panko, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
3. Arrange shrimp in a 9 x 13 pan in a single layer. Pour remaining marinate over shrimp.
4. Spread butter mixture over all shrimp evenly. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Bake uncovered 12-15 minutes until hot and bubbly.
6. Sprinkle remaining Panko over shrimp and broil for about 3 minutes until lightly brown.
7. Serve with pasta.
You'll also love
- Raspberry & Serrano Sangria 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Banana Stuffed French Toast 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Teriyaki Salmon Stir-Fry 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna and Fresh Mozzarella pizza 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- CLAMS: Zuppa di Vongole: Clam Soup 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- SEARED SCALLOPS IN MUSHROOM BROTH 3.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tropical Shrimp Salad 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
Review this recipe