Teriyaki Salmon Stir-Fry
This is a great recipe. My husband loves salmon but I don't. The teriyaki covers the strong taste of the fish though and it is delicious.
- 1 lb. Salmon Filets (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (sliced thin)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced thin)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced thin)
- 1/2 Small Bag of Matchstick Carrots
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 1 Bottle of Teriyaki Sauce
- White or Brown Cooked Rice
- Optional: 1/2 Cup of chopped cashews or peanuts
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Slice onion with a mandolin slicer or a knife to 1/8 inch.
Slice bell peppers with a mandolin slicer or a knife to 1/4 inch.
In a wok or skillet heat sesame oil until it shimmers. Drop in onions and cook until transparent. Then add the carrots along with half of the bottle of teriyaki. Cook until carrots are cooked put not soft. Then add bell peppers cook for about 3-5 minutes. At this point add the cashews if desired. Add salmon along with the rest of the bottle of teriyaki. Cook until salmon is opaque. Turn off heat and let sit for a couple minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
Serve over rice.