Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken
Rate this recipe 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 lbs (aprx 4) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups diced scallions
Combine the cornstarch, 1/4 cup water and the egg yolks into a bowl, whisk until smooth. Dip the chicken breasts and coat each piece thoroughly.
Heat 2 cups oil in a wok. Fry chicken breasts until brown then place the chicken in a paper towel.
Stir in 1/2 cup water and broth in medium saucepan, place 2 tablespoon cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger.. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thickens and comes to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat, add in lemon juice. Slice chicken into thin pieces.
Arrange slightly over lapping on serving dish. Pour sauce over, sprinkle with scallions.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Meatballs &... 4.6/5 (32 Votes)
- North Carolina Lemon Pie 3.7/5 (206 Votes)
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Squares 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Foolproof Rosemary Chicken Wings 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Sticky Garlic Chicken Bites 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Fried Chicken Corn Dogs 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Cabbage Chicken with Ramen Noodle... 4.1/5 (70 Votes)
- Oven Fried Chicken 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
Review this recipe