Chinese-Style Lemon Chicken
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 lbs (aprx 4) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups diced scallions
Combine the cornstarch, 1/4 cup water and the egg yolks into a bowl, whisk until smooth. Dip the chicken breasts and coat each piece thoroughly.
Heat 2 cups oil in a wok. Fry chicken breasts until brown then place the chicken in a paper towel.
Stir in 1/2 cup water and broth in medium saucepan, place 2 tablespoon cornstarch, brown sugar and ginger.. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until thickens and comes to a boil, boil for 1 minute.
Remove from heat, add in lemon juice. Slice chicken into thin pieces.
Arrange slightly over lapping on serving dish. Pour sauce over, sprinkle with scallions.
You'll also love
- Country Captain Chicken 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
- Lemon Pepper Tuna 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Egg and Spinach Quiche Cups 4.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potato Soup 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Easy Baked Chicken with Garlic and... 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
- Lemon Yogurt Mini-Bundt Cakes with... 4.5/5 (41 Votes)
- Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Buttermilk Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)