Roasted Delicata Squash & Tortellini Salad With Cranberries, Greens & Pepitas
- 2 delicata squash, halved, seeded and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 package fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 4 cups arugula or baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/3 cup roasted pepitas
- 1/3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Handful fresh parsley and thyme, rinsed, dried and chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the squash cubes with the garlic, a sprinkling of sea salt and a healthy amount of olive oil to coat on all sides on a heavy baking sheet. Put in the oven and roast, removing every 10 minutes or so to turn the pieces to prevent any from burning. It will probably take 2-3 flippings with the spatula and a total of 25-30 minutes in the oven until the pieces are soft all the way through. Remove from the oven and let cool a bit.
2. While the squash is roasting, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the tortellini according the directions on the package (will vary for fresh or frozen) then drain and toss with some olive oil in a large shallow bowl.
3. While the pasta and squash are cooking, wash and dry the greens and chop the herbs.
4. Combine the squash, tortellini, greens, herbs, cranberries, and pepitas in the large shallow bowl and top with freshly ground black pepper and freshly grated parmesan cheese to taste.
You'll also love
- Roasted Cauliflower with Tomato,... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Mulled Cider & Pineapple Cocktail 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Carrot Avocado Salad 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Peanut Noodle Stir-Fry 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Chinese Broccoli Beef Noodle Stir... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Baked Ravioli 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Hearty Penne Beef 4.4/5 (21 Votes)