Skillet Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
A quick & easy shrimp dish - with a little red pepper for some extra "kick"
- Kosher salt
- 1-1/2 pounds linguine
- 5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh garlic (about 8 or 9 cloves)
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1/4 C fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 C freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Bring to a boil a large pot of water seasoned with 1 tablespoon of kosher salt, add the linguine, and cook until al dente, 7 to 10 minutes.
Drain, run under cool water, drain again, place the linguine back in the pot and toss 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside, keeping warm.
Melt the butter with the remaining olive oil in a 10” to 13” well seasoned cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, being careful not to burn.
Add the shrimp, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, and the pepper; sauté until the shrimp begin to turn pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
Pour the shrimp mixture over the cooked linguine, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Iced Carrot Cake Cookies 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Mom's Macaroni and Cheese 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Butter Poached Sous Vide Lobster 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Surf & Turf Cajun Pasta 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Grouper with Seafood... 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Mussels With Tomato & White Wine... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet-Toasted Gnocchi with Peas 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Summer Shrimp Salad 4.5/5 (11 Votes)