John’s New York Deli-Style Potato Salad
If you're craving that delicious potato salad that's only found in New York delis, this is the recipe you've been searching for.
- 5 pounds red potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup curly parsley, fresh
- 1 cup Hellman’s mayo
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt, or to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Place the potatoes in a big pot of water. Turn up the heat to high!
Cook them to perfection in boiling water. Don’t over cook (they will be too mushy). Don’t under cook. I can’t give you an exact time but start checking after 20 minutes. You just need to use your fork and your cooking instincts.
Peeling: You can peel them before boiling but it’s easier to pull off the skins after cooking. Tip : Let them cool, first!
After cooking, drain well and let them cool down. After a spell, chill in the fridge until they are cold.
During the cooling off period grate ½ cup of carrots and ¼ cup of minced curly parsley.
Take the cool potatoes and slice them thin. (About a quarter of an inch or so)
Place sliced potatoes in a giant mixing bowl and add the mayo, white vinegar, sugar, salt, carrots and parley too. Gently mix it up with a big ‘ole spoon. Adjust to taste.
Chill, may be eaten it within 3 days preparing.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Smoked Sausage &... 4.4/5 (426 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)
- BLT Chopped Salad with Corn, Feta... 4.5/5 (120 Votes)