Bacon, egg and potato chausson.
Little twist on a french classic.
- 8 rectangles of puff pastry (20x10cm rectangles would be perfect)
- 5 small potatoes
- 300 g of cut bacon
- 1 minced onion
- 1 minced garlic
- 3 spoons of creme fraiche
- 3 eggs
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat the oven at 180°C. Cut the potatoes in small dices, pour a little bit of olive oil on them in the oven plate and leave them in the oven for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, fry the onion, garlic, bacon, parsly, and chives in a frying pan with one or two spoonful of olive oil. When they are ready, put them aside in a bowl. Then take 2 eggs and mix them with one spoon of creme fraiche (or milk), add salt and peppe; with that, do scambled eggs in the still warm pan. Add it to the bacon in the big bowl and stir.
Take out the potatoes and add them to the mix too, once they are ready.
Then, take a big plate for the oven and cover it with baking paper. Take the rectangles of pastry horizontally and fill them with a medium sized pile of stuffing on one side, starting from the middle of the rectangle. Then with your finger, put a bit on water on the edges where you will stick the pastry when you'll close the chaussons. It will enable the pastry to stick together better.
Decorate the pastry as you wish with a knife and poke three holes on the top. With the third egg, mix it and with a brush, put it on the top of each chausson so that the pastry will not burn. Put them in the oven for 30 minutes. If they are not completely baked after that, leave them in until they are cooked underneath (= they do not stick to the baking paper anymore)
If you want to, you can add cheese in the stuffing!
You'll also love
- Vitamix - Triple Berry Smoothie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Puerto Rican Rice with Pinto Beans... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Eggplant Spaghetti 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Dinosaur BBQ Creole Potato Salad 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Veal Chops with Fontina 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sara's Sunday Pork Tenderloin with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spice-Rubbed Pork With Quinoa 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken 4.5/5 (2 Votes)