Spice-Rubbed Pork With Quinoa
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Kosher salt
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 3/4 pounds total), halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- Jarred salsa verde, for serving (optional)
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Combine the paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin and 2 teaspoons salt in a shallow dish. Rub the pork all over with the olive oil, then roll in the spice mixture to coat. Transfer to a roasting pan and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 145 degrees F, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest, 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and fluff with a fork. Toss with the corn, scallions, and salt and pepper to taste.
Slice the pork and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with the quinoa and salsa verde, if desired.
Per Serving: Calories 512; Fat 17 g (Saturated 4 g); Cholesterol 111 mg; Sodium 1,060 mg; Carbohydrate 42 g; Fiber 5 g; Protein 47 g