Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Scallops
A perfect blend of classic flavors with a delicious twist.
- 1 pound sea scallops - large U-10's or the largest available
- 1 cup cracker meal - very fine mesh for dusting the scallops 3 cup panko ( Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon
- oil for frying
1 Heat about 4 inches of oil in a deep fryer or suitable pot to 375 degrees F.
2 Wrap the scallops in paper towels to thoroughly dry.
3 Wrap bacon around the scallops and hold in-place with toothpicks.
4 Dust scallops in cracker meal, then dredge through egg whites and finally coat with Panko. Set Aside.
5 Deep Fry scallops, a few at a time to prevent over crowding, to a golden brown.
6 Serve with tartar sauce.
You'll also love
- Orange Coconut Cake 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Cranberry Avocado Salad with... 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Scalloped Vegetable Casserole 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with Gravy 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Sausage Skillet 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin 4.6/5 (22 Votes)