Deep Fried Bacon Wrapped Scallops
A perfect blend of classic flavors with a delicious twist.
- 1 pound sea scallops - large U-10's or the largest available
- 1 cup cracker meal - very fine mesh for dusting the scallops 3 cup panko ( Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 pound turkey bacon
- oil for frying
1 Heat about 4 inches of oil in a deep fryer or suitable pot to 375 degrees F.
2 Wrap the scallops in paper towels to thoroughly dry.
3 Wrap bacon around the scallops and hold in-place with toothpicks.
4 Dust scallops in cracker meal, then dredge through egg whites and finally coat with Panko. Set Aside.
5 Deep Fry scallops, a few at a time to prevent over crowding, to a golden brown.
6 Serve with tartar sauce.
You'll also love
- No Bake Raspberry-Lemon Cheesecake 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Deep Dish Crumb Topped Strawberry... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Basque Lamb Stew 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Bay Scallop Gratin 4.1/5 (39 Votes)
- Shredded Pork Taquitos 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Seared Scallops & Grits 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Medallions with... 4.4/5 (22 Votes)