Bacon Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Dipping Sauce
A great appetizer. It's hard not to eat them all before time to serve. I make these ahead of time, then reheat in the oven just before serving.
- 20 stalks fresh asparagus, rinsed
- 1 pound slice bacon
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
Snap each asparagus stalk in two; discard the tough shorter ends. If needed, use a vegetable peeler to peel the tough outer layer from the remaining stems. Wrap each stalk entirely with bacon.
In a large skillet or on a griddle, cook asparagus until bacon is just crisp and stalks are firm and bright green. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Reserve 2 teaspoons fo bacon drippings for dipping sauce.
Heat the jam in a microwave for about 10 seconds or until soft. Whisk reserved bacon drippings, Dijon, honey and pinch of salt and pepper into jam until smooth.
Serve asparagus with sauce for dipping.
You'll also love
- Roasted Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus... 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Pork Picatta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Marinated Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ina's Stuffed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- PORK TENDERLOIN AND PASTA IN... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cherry White Chocolate Scones 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sparkling Berry Punch 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boysenberry Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)