Asparagus Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing
- For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste (optional)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked pasta, such as penne or rotini
- 2/3 cup sliced red onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, for serving
Adapted from justataste.com
Make the dressing:
In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until combined. Set the dressing aside.
Make the pasta salad:
Remove the tough stems of the asparagus then cut each spear into 1-inch pieces.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, 10 to 11 minutes, then add the asparagus to the pot and cook it with pasta for 1 more minute. Drain the pasta and asparagus then rinse it with cold water.
Transfer the pasta and asparagus to a large bowl. Stir in the onions and tomatoes. Pour the dressing over the pasta, tossing to combine, then cover the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours and up to overnight. When ready to serve, stir in the Parmesan cheese and enjoy cold or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- BBQ Pulled Pork 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Smoky Bacon BBQ Deviled Eggs 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Skinny Bloomin' Onion (WW 2 pts.+) 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Farmer's Fridge Mediterranean... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Angel Hair with Bacon, Brussels... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Grammie’s Noodle Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chopped Pasta Salad 4.4/5 (24 Votes)
- Asparagus Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)