Asparagus & Crimini Pasta with Lemon Cream
A zesty lemon cream sauce is the perfect complement to fresh asparagus and crimini mushrooms.
- 2 cups pasta
- 2 cups asparagus, cut into 2” pieces
- 2 cups crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- chives or parsley for garnish
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from jamesandeverett.com
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain but to not rinse.
Cut asparagus into 2″ pieces and par boil for 2 – 3 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat butter and olive oil over medium high until butter has stopped foaming. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add asparagus and mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring frequently. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and hold to the side. Add cream and lemon peel to the skillet. Bring to boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is reduced by one-third and is thickened. Reduce heat. Add pasta and vegetable mixture to the cream sauce and toss well to coat.
To serve, top with shavings of Parmesan cheese, fresh ground pepper, chives or parsley, and a squeeze of fresh lemon. Add sprinkle of red pepper flake for a little kick if desired.
You'll also love
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Zucchini:Raw Vegan Zucchini Alfredo 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Swordfish with Lemon, Mint... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Banana Couscous Pudding and Fruit... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken Shawarma with Garlic Oil 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Stir-fry with Linguine, Beef and... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken & Asparagus Crepes 4.4/5 (21 Votes)
- Roasted Asparagus with Lemon... 4.4/5 (21 Votes)