Southwestern Beef Tenderloin with Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
If the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, then this meat-and-potatoes meal is a direct flight to true love!
- FOR THE POTATOES, BOIL:
- Makes: 2 servings
- Total time: about 1 hour
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 1 ⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tsp. chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- Salt to taste
- FOR THE STEAKS, COMBINE:
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 ⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 beef tenderloin filets (2 oz. each)
- FOR THE SPINACH, HEAT:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 8 cups spinach leaves
Cooking time 1mins
Boil potatoes in salted water in a saucepan over high heat, 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return potatoes to the pan, and dry briefly over medium heat. Off heat, mash potatoes to desired consistency, then add the buttermilk, scallions, butter, chiles, and salt. Keep warm over very low heat.
Combine brown sugar, salt, and spices for the steaks in a bowl. Press mixture onto both sides of filets. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a sauté pan over medium-high, add the steaks, and sauté 2–3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove filets from pan and keep warm.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil over medium-high in second sauté pan. Add tomatoes and cook until blistered, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to Success:
1. Add buttermilk to the cooked potatoes for a creamy texture.
2. Make sure skillet is hot, then sear filets quickly, 2–3 minutes per side. Watch so they don’t burn.
3. Sauté the tomatoes first, then add the spinach and toss it until it wilts, 2–3 minutes.
You'll also love
- Balsamic Quick-Braised Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pineapple Coconut CheeseCake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Texas Tomatillo Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Super Moist Cornbread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Wellington 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Garlic Steak With Mushrooms and... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Beef Barley Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Beef Tenderloin Mini... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)