Pineapple Coconut CheeseCake
- 1 1/4 cups gingersnaps crumbs, ground in food processor (about 25 cookies)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 9 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups FAT FREE cottage cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cup 4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Generous pinch ground ginger
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Spray 10" pie pan with cooking spray. Combine first three ingredients; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and against sides of pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool.
3. Combine first 9 ingredients (through salt) in a blender, and process until smooth.
4. Place cheese mixture in a large bowl.
5. Place egg whites in a second bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, continue beating until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg white mixture into cheese mixture; pour into prepared crust.
6. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until center barely moves when pan is touched. Cool to room temperature. Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
To prepare sauce, combine pineapple, brown sugar and ginger in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook about 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool completely. Serve with pie.
You'll also love
- Texas Tomatillo Dip 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Bundt Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spelt, Walnut and Plum cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Blueberry Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apple Crumb Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp and Pineapple Skewers... 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Coconut Cloud Cake PRINT 4.6/5 (37 Votes)
- Fried Pineapple Rings 4.5/5 (40 Votes)