White Chocolate Lemon Meringue Pie
This pie can be made up to 24 hours in advance if it lasts that long, its delicious!
- 1 deep dish pie shell, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup Naturegg™ Simply Egg Whites™, well shaken, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Bake pie shell for 12 minutes; cool completely.
Meanwhile, whisk milk with sugar and corn starch in a medium, heavy-bottom saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is very thick; remove from heat. Whisk in chocolate chips until melted. Whisk in lemon zest and juice until well combined. Gradually whisk in butter until completely incorporated. Pour into prepared pie shell.
Meringue: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until fluffy. Beating constantly, gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Mound meringue over hot pie filling, spreading right to edge of pie plate. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool to room temperature. Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
You'll also love
- Crunchy Taco Salad 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Bernaise Sauce (for steaks) 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Easiest Pineapple Cake 4.5/5 (44 Votes)
- Black Bean Pineapple Salad 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Pies 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Irresistible Pecan Pie 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Strawberry Custard Pies 4.7/5 (16 Votes)