Easter Bunny Rolls
Homemade yeast rolls made in the shape of an Easter bunny. These are the perfect festive addition to your Easter table--the kids will just love them, so get them in the kitchen to help make them. This recipe is a cute addition to any Easter spread and everyone will want the recipe.
- 1/4 ounce active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110°F to 115°F)
- 3/4 cup warm milk (110°F to 115°F)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, shortening, egg, celery seed, sage, salt, nutmeg and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
Turn onto a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic; about 6 to 8 minutes.
Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; let rest 10 minutes.
Divide dough into 24 pieces.
For each bunny, roll one piece of dough into a 20-inch rope. Cut rope into one 10-inch piece, one 5-inch piece, two 2-inch pieces and one 1-inch piece. Coil 10-inch piece for body; place on a greased baking sheet. Coil 5-inch piece for head; place next to body.
Form ears from the 2-inch pieces and tail from the 1-inch piece; add to bunny. Pinch and seal pieces together.
Repeat, placing bunnies 2 inch apart on the baking sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Brush with melted butter. Cool on wire racks.
You'll also love
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Garlic... 4.4/5 (67 Votes)
- Better Than Easter Carrot Poke Cake 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Easter Bread Rings 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Cowboy Caviar 4.1/5 (110 Votes)
- Delicious Egg Salad for Sandwiches 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Easter Bread, Pane de Pasqua all... 5/5 (2 Votes)