Evelyn's Baked Brie
Try different jams for different flavors with this baked brie recipe. Wrapped in puff pastry, it is an easy appetizer to make, that looks like you worked all day. Serve with crackers.
- 1 small wheel Brie cheese
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, I used Pepperidge Farms
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup jam,. any flavor, Fig, Hot Pepper, Strawberry - personal preference
- 1 egg (mostly the yolk and a bit of water or milk)
- Non-stick foil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Thaw pastry in fridge overnight. Recipe doesn't work with the pastry frozen and is hard to work with if room temperature.
Lay pastry sheet on sheet of non-stick aluminum foil. Place the Brie wheel on top of the pastry.
Spread jam on top of Brie. (Quite a bit - not too thin)
Separate the egg and mix the egg yolk with about 1 tablespoon of water to make the egg wash to seal the puff pastry.
Wrap the Brie up in the pastry. If using a larger wheel of Brie, it might take both sheets of pastry to cover completely. You can cut the pastry to make sure it is covered completely. Where the pastry is joined, seal the edges with the egg wash.
Brush the egg wash on top of pastry.
Bake until golden. About 45 minutes. Check after 30 minutes.
It does get sticky underneath when/if jam oozes out; non-stick foil makes it easy to take off the pan and serve.
You'll also love
- Ice Cream Bread 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Roasted Fingerling Potatoes with... 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- Dreamy Orange Summer Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Chicken Wings with Tomatoes 4.5/5 (61 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant... 3.7/5 (215 Votes)
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies & Simple... 4.5/5 (62 Votes)
- German Bretzen, Soft Pretzels 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Jello Shots 4.6/5 (60 Votes)