German Chocolate Cupcakes with Bavarian Cream Filling
These tasty treats made with Prepared Pantry's Very Fudgy Baby Cakes Dessert Cupcake and Cake Mix.The cake is denser than the box cakes in the grocery store, a cream cake, about half as dense as a pound cake. The dense, moist cake with substance balances well with the layer of sweet topping. You of course may use your go-to cake mix or recipe of choice.
- 1 package cake mix
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Pecan halves, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from preparedpantry.com
Make the cupcakes as directed on the cake mix package package. Let them cool on a rack.
In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
Combine the evaporated milk, brown sugar mixture, egg yolks, vanilla, and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for about twelve minutes or until thick.
Remove from heat and stir in pecans and coconut. Let cool until thickened.
Fill the cupcakes with Bavarian cream:
Using a pre-made package of filling, clip the corner of the bag, insert the open corner into the top of a cupcake, and squeeze.
Spread topping on cupcakes.
Top with a pecan half if desired.
You'll also love
- Evelyn's Baked Brie 4.5/5 (64 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's Sugared Pecans 3.9/5 (133 Votes)
- Glazed Flat Apple Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Mocha Cupcakes with Espresso... 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Jello Shot Cupcakes 4.3/5 (75 Votes)
- German Chocolate Cake Cookies 4.6/5 (47 Votes)
- The Ultimate German Chocolate Cake 4.5/5 (42 Votes)
Review this recipe