Cranberry Serrano Relish
Sweet, spicy, tart and flavorful, this cranberry Serrano relish is a perfect side for Thanksgiving, or serve with grilled chicken or pork. Yum.
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, grated and peeled
- 1 serrano chile, diced
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) bag cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Cook 1 diced red onion in 1 tablespoon canola oil in a saucepan over high heat until soft. Stir in 1 grated peeled 2-inch piece of ginger and 1 diced serrano chile; cook 30 seconds.
Add 1 cup water and 1/2 cup sugar; cook until the sugar dissolves.
Add half a 12 ounce bag cranberries; cook until the berries pop and the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the rest of the cranberries; cook 1 minute.
Off the heat, stir in 2 tablespoons honey, the grated zest of 1 lime, and salt and pepper. Let cool slightly, then stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro.
You'll also love
- Fool-Proof Perfect Lemon Curd 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Single-Serving Vegan Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Copycat Spicy Queso Blanco... 4.2/5 (37 Votes)
- Strawberry Sheet Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Grape Salad 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- The No-Peel Apple Cake 4.5/5 (12 Votes)