Chili for 100 People
Need a recipe to feed a crowd at a big event or fill a freezer with quick meals? Borrow some extra cooking pots and serve up this easy chili. This Chili for 100 People is the best recipe for any summer picnic or tailgating event, because it goes great on its own when served with cheese and fresh chopped onions, or serve it over hot dogs and top with cheese for a gameday food event.
- 30 pounds hamburger
- 2 (6-pound) cans chili beans
- 3 (6-pound) cans kidney beans
- 2 (6-pound) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-pound) can peeled tomatoes
- 1 (6-pound) can tomato paste
- 40 tablespoons chili powder
- 16 to 18 small onions, chopped
- 4 mild green peppers, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 140mins
Adapted from cooks.com
In batches, brown hamburger in skillet and drain off fat.
Add all other ingredients and cook in several large Dutch ovens on low heat for 2 hours. Salt and black pepper to taste.
Serve immediately. Freezes well.
You'll also love
- Teppanyaki Style Fried Rice 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Cupcakes 4.1/5 (37 Votes)
- Macaroni & Cheese 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple Baked Alaska 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Easy Country-Style BBQ Ribs 4/5 (59 Votes)
- Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
Review this recipe