Macaroni & Cheese
This creamy macaroni and cheese recipe is a perfect side for a summer barbecue. The Skinner Texas shape pasta always catches our friend's attention when we bring it along to a get together. To make this a main course, add grilled chicken.
- 12 ounce package Skinner® Texas shape pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 6 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- Scallions or green onions for garnish
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Using whisk, stir in flour and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until mixture smells nutty and is lightly golden, stirring constantly with whisk.
Add milk and whisk, scraping bottom of skillet until mixture thickens. Lower heat to low and add cheese. Stir until smooth. Add sour cream and whisk until combined.
Add cooked pasta to 8x8 casserole dish and pour cheese sauce over.
Sprinkle top with crushed Ritz crackers on top with bacon and green onions.
Allow top to brown by placing in oven for 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Korean Grilled Beef 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Brussels Sprouts Fried Rice 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Carrots & Zucchini 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Stuffed Shells (Pioneer Woman) 4.1/5 (57 Votes)
- Fannie Farmers Classic Baked... 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Caramelized Pineapple Baked Alaska 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Grandma's Macaroni and Cheese 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Fried Ravioli with Marinara... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)