Low-Sugar Orange Chicken
- Low-Sugar Orange Chicken
- (Serves 4)
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon all-natural honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon low-sugar orange marmalade
- 1-3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375º F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Place chicken in a small bowl and add salt, pepper and beaten egg. Toss well.
3. Shake off excess egg and, one-by-one, dredge chicken pieces in bowl of flour. Evenly spread out on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
4. In a separate small bowl, combine cornstarch with chicken broth until completely dissolved. Set aside
5. In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat and cook ginger and garlic until fragrant. 1-2 minutes. Add orange juice, zest, honey, red pepper flakes, soy sauce and marmalade. Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes, then lower heat and simmer until sauce thickens and reduces by 1/4.
6. Pour in cornstarch mixture and bring back to a boil, stirring for 2-4 minutes. Take off heat, but keep warm. Toss in chicken and coat thoroughly with sauce. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Cajun Cafe's Bourbon Chicken (From... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Chicken Potato Chip Club Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Rise 'n Shine Omelet Cups 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- One-Pot White Chicken Chili 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Bourbon Peach Glazed Chicken... 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Japanese Chicken Curry 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken 4.6/5 (29 Votes)