Skillet Chicken & Mushrooms - Low Carb
By Sharon T
This easy and delicious chicken recipe is not only low carb, but also dairy free, egg free, nut free, keto, Paleo, and even Whole 30 approved! Did I mention easy??
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- Four large chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Summer savory or fresh tarragon, chopped
Adapted from Ibreathei'mhungry.com
Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
2.Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a heavy bottomed sauté pan, preferably cast-iron.
3.Sear the chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown - about three or four minutes per side. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
4.Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter to the pan and melt. Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook until golden brown, stirring as little as possible for about 4-5 minutes.
5.Add the water and Dijon mustard to the pan, and stir to deglaze.
6.Add the chicken thighs back to the pan, skin side up.
7.Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
8.Stir in the fresh herbs and let it sit for five minutes before serving. Serve hot.
Approx nutrition info per serving: 447 calories, 31g fat, 1g net carbs, 37g protein
You'll also love
- Five Star Filet Mignon Stuffed... 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Thighs with Rice... 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Salsa Chicken Pasta 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken & Rice for Two 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Salisbury Steak w/ Mushroom Gravy... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Schnitzel 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe