Fettuccine with Lemony Shrimp
- 2 lg. leeks
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 1 c dry white wine
- 1 lb fettucine
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
1. Heat large saucepot of water.
2. Trim and discard root and dark green top from leeks. Discard any tough outer leaves. Cut leeks lengthwise in half then crosswise into 1/4 inch wide slices. Place leeks in large bowl of cold water. Swish to remove any sand. Remove leeks to colander. Repeat with fresh water. Drain leeks well.
3. In 12 inch skilelt heat 1 teas oil on med high. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon s&p. Add 1/2 of shrimp to pan, cook 1- 2 mins or until just pink. Turning once. Transfer to plate. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining shrimp.
4. In same skillet heat remaining tablespoon oil on med-low. Add leeks, garlic, red pepper, stir well. Cover and cook 10 mins or until tender. Stirring.
Uncover add wine. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to medium. Simmer 4-5 mins or until wine reduced by 1/2.
5. Meanwhile, add pasta to water, cook 2 mins less than label. Reserve one cup of cooking liquid. Drain pasta and return to pot. Add butter and shrimp. Cook med 2 mins or until noodles are al dente and glazed with sauce. Tossing frequently. Add basil and parsley 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 mins longer, tossing and add some reserved cooking liquid if seems dry.
6. Divide among serving plates. Grate lemon peeel directly over pasta. Add pepper.
You'll also love
- Fried Chocolate and Banana Ravioli 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Date Nut Bread 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Kabobs 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Shrimp Pasta Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Dream Cups 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ravioli lasagna with sausage &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberries with Lemon Cream in... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- SCALLOPS(PETITE FETTUCCINE) 5/5 (1 Votes)