Grilled Tuna with Apricot-Mustard-Mint Glaze
Bobby Flay pg 122
Use the rub for a quick seasoning on Tuna for fish tacos.
Albacore Tuna - fillet each rib in half - approx 1/2 to 3/4" fillets - grill until just opaque in center vs. raw
about 6-7 minutes on 800d (TEC) - 2 min per side then go to 1 min max each side
- APRICOT-MU5TARD-MINT GLAZE
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Fresno chiles or jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- GRILLED TUNA
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Four (8-ounce) tuna steaks (each about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
- Red Chile Oil (page 228), for garnish (optional)
- Cilantro Oil (page 222), for garnish (optional)
1. To make the glaze, heat the oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 3 to 4 minutes. the garlic and chiles and cook for 1 minute Add the apricots, wine, 1/4 cup of water, an the sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apricots are soft and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minute Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
2. Transfer the apricot mixture to a blende add the vinegar and mustard, and season with salt and pepper; blend until smooth, Add the mint, pulse a few times to incorp rate, and transfer the glaze to a bowl. The glaze can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated, Bring to room temperature before using.
3. Preheat a grill to high or a grill pan over high heat.
4. Whisk together the cumin, ancho powd sugar, cloves, allspice, and cinnamon in a bowl.
5. Brush the tuna on both sides with the oi and season with salt and pepper. Rub one side of each steak with the spice rub. Place the tuna on the grill, rub side down, and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over, brush with some of the glaze, and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes for medium-rare. The tuna will be red in the center.
6. Remove from the grill and brush or drizzle with more of the glaze before serving. Garnish with chives, red chile oil, and cilantro oil.
You'll also love
- Pork Roast Brine 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Huckleberry ice cream 3.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Zucchini, Red Beans & Rice 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Bermuda's Boom Boom Shrimp 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Saucy Shrimp Appetizer Bonefish... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Portuguese Cod with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jason's 4 minute tuna steaks 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Apricot Pineapple Jam with Pectin 3.9/5 (34 Votes)