Olive, Bacon, & Cheese Bread
Olive, Bacon, and Cheese Bread is the perfect bread recipe for snacking, making a sandwich, or serving at your next casual or fancy dinner party. This recipe is filled with the flavors of white wine, olives, bacon, and cheese to make a moist and super scrumptious recipe that is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. This recipe is also great for giving to friends and family as a food gift--yum!
- 5fluid ounces5 fluid ounces (15cl) of white wine
- 3 1/3fluid ounces3 1/3 fluid ounces (10cl) olive oil
- 44 eggs
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2cup2 1/2 cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon1 teaspoon of baking powder (about 5g)
- 5-ounces5-ounces (150g) grated Emmenthal or cheddar
- 1large1 large onion
- 3.5-ounces3.5-ounces (100g) bacon
- 7-ounces7-ounces (200g) city ham
- 3.5-ounces3.5-ounces (100g) black olives
- 3.5-ounces3.5-ounces (100g) green olives
- 2tablespoons2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from eatwell101.com
City ham is the already cooked ham and is sold as “ready to serve”. Buy it still on the bone, because it’s better! If you don’t want to bring back the whole ham at home, ask your butcher to slice it off for you.
In a large bowl, whisk together the wine, oil, eggs, and salt.
Separately, mix the flour and baking powder, sift and stir into the liquid preparation.
Chop the onion finely and sautee in a skillet with a bit of olive oil or butter. Add the bacon to onions and cook for a few minutes then keep aside. Take care of draining the mixture to avoid a soggy dough.
Slice the olives and parsley then cut the ham.
Add all ingredients and grated cheese to the basic preparation and mix. Pour into a buttered pan. Bake in the oven for 1 hour at 360°F (180°C).
You'll also love
- Japanese Strawberry Shortcake 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Crockpot... 4/5 (131 Votes)
- Kiwi Vanilla Cupcakes with Kiwi... 4.1/5 (76 Votes)
- Spicy Kale Lasagna 4.4/5 (45 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Bites 4.4/5 (48 Votes)
- Pressure-Cooker Kiss-the-Cook Baby... 4.3/5 (59 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Soup 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Feta-Scallion Couscous Cakes With... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)