Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Tastes just like the real deal! Your family or guests will love this Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 large russet potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped kale or spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from facebook.com
In a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown sausage, breaking into small pieces as you fry it; drain, set aside.
In the same dutch oven or large soup pot over medium-high heat, brown bacon; remove and set aside. Leave two tablespoons of rendered bacon fat in the skillet.
Saute the potatoes, onion, and garlic in the rendered bacon fat over medium or low-medium heat. Saute until the onion begins to be translucent and the potatoes are still a little firm, but are beginning to soften.
Add the sausage, bacon kale, chicken stock and cream to the pot.
Simmer until the potatoes are tender. Do NOT allow to boil.
You'll also love
- Fig Jam 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Red Velvet Poke Cake 4.3/5 (88 Votes)
- How to cook corn perfectly,... 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Pull-Apart Garlic Rolls 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- French Crullers - Dunkin Donut... 3.9/5 (304 Votes)
- Amazing Chicken Parm Meatballs 4.5/5 (68 Votes)
- Sonoma Chicken Salad Sandwich 4.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce 4.3/5 (80 Votes)