Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce
There's nothing subtle about this classic Alfredo sauce: heavy cream, butter, cream cheese, and Parmesan combine to make one of the most popular pasta sauces.
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 tablespoons. cream cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder
Adapted from community.qvc.com
In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder - whisk to combine. Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low, being careful not to burn the bottom.
You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper, but I usually don't. I have done this with half-and-half, but we prefer the heavy cream. I wouldn’t try it with plain milk. I use the Parmesan cheese in the green can. The fresh seems too salty.
You'll also love
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Corn Crisps 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Glazed Flat Apple Pie 4.5/5 (65 Votes)
- Dreamy Orange Summer Fruit Dip 4.6/5 (56 Votes)
- Trisha Yearwood's MIL's Cabbage... 4.3/5 (90 Votes)
- Maple Cream Sauce for Butternut... 3.7/5 (240 Votes)
- Olive Garden's House Salad 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- Olive Garden Salad and Dressing 4.5/5 (65 Votes)