Patti Labelle's Macaroni and Cheese
Got this off of the "Good Morning America" website after I saw her cook this on the show. This is the best macaroni and cheese I have ever tasted!!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb macaroni
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup muenster cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from food.com
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart baking dish.
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a rapid boil.
Add macaroni and the 1 tablespoon oil.
Cook for 7 minutes, or until somewhat tender.
Drain well, and return to the pot.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt 8 tablespoon of the butter.
Stir into macaroni.
In a large bowl, combine all of the shredded cheeses.
To the macaroni, add 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, half and half, the cubed cheese and the eggs, and the seasoned salt and pepper.
Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Dot with remaining 1 TB of the butter.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and bubbly.