Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
Thick enough to provide a meal without making you feel overly full. Serve this Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup with a side of rolls and a salad as a main dish, you can’t go wrong with a recipe that’s easy and simple. To top it all off, total time invested is only about 20 minutes.
- 2 whole large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped. or 2 tablespoons sun dried tomato paste
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9 ounce) package cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
Combine garlic and olive oil in a large stock pot, and saute over medium heat until golden brown – be careful not to let the garlic burn.
Add tomato soup, sun dried tomatoes, half and half, chicken stock and spices to the pot.
Bring to a simmer.
Drop tortellini in the soup, and cook according to package directions.
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with parmesan cheese.