Chicken with Mustard Soy Sauce
Yummy weeknight chicken dinner. Pair it with fried rice and some spinach!
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 mediium onion
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Guldens brown mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- ** I usually double all the ingredients, only adding brown sugar to 3 tablespoons.
Cut garlic in half and onions in thin rings. Heat oil in skillet and add garlic and onion. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix soy sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and ginger in a small bowl.
Add the chicken , cook a little. Add your soy sauce mixture, finish cooking the chicken and let sauce thicken a bit. (cover and cook)
If sauce doesnt thicken to your liking remove chicken and cook down sauce heavily for a minute or thicken by adding cornstarch mixed with water.
You'll also love
- Anne Burrell's Excellent Meatballs 4.2/5 (45 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Rice Casserole 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Creole Chicken Noodle Casserole 4.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Crockpot Bourbon Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Oven-Baked Fried Chicken Cutlets 4.6/5 (20 Votes)