Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
Published: May 15, 2013
- 4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 whole Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 1 cup Brandy (or White Wine If Preferred)
- 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon (heaping) Grainy Mustard
- 1/4 cup (to 1/2) Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup (to 1/2) Chicken Broth
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook cutlets on both sides until nice and golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the skillet and keep on a plate.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic to the pan and saute it for a minute, stirring to make sure it won’t burn. Next pour in the brandy (or wine if using) being careful if cooking over an open flame. Then just let the booze bubble up and cook until it’s reduced by half.
Throw in the mustards and stir to combine, then pour in the cream. Stir in chicken broth, adding more if the sauce seems too thick. Taste sauce and adjust whatever you think it needs. Add chicken breasts back to the pan, nestling them into the sauce. Allow sauce to cook for another few minutes, shaking the pan if needed to move things around.
Serve chicken with sauce spooned over the top.
You'll also love
- Real Southern Buttermilk Fried... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Soup The Pioneer... 3.7/5 (101 Votes)
- Vinegar Braised Chicken & Mushrooms 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- PUMPKIN SHEET CAKE WITH CREAM... 4.4/5 (26 Votes)
- Pineapple Cream Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Honey-Mustard Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)