Teriyaki Chicken Quesadilla
A cheesy twist on your original quesadilla. Stuffed full of teriyaki chicken this is a meal anyone would love.
- For the Quesadilla
- 1 Breast of Chicken
- Uncooked Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- For the Teriyaki Sauce
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced fine
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
Preparation time 2mins
Cooking time 34mins
Adapted from ohsweetbasil.com
For the teriyaki
In a medium saucepan, stir together the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ground ginger, sesame oil, and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
In a small bowl, stir together the water and cornstarch. Add 1 teaspoon of the hot soy mixture to the cornstarch mixture and then slowly pour everything into the boiling soy mixture, whisking until it begins to thicken. Set aside.
For the quesadilla
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the chicken and teriyaki sauce in a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and shred the chicken. Reserve a little sauce for the quesadilla.
Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook both sides of the tortilla. Set aside.
Sprinkle a little cheese over the tortilla, add the chicken and drizzle a little sauce over the top. Sprinkle a little more cheese so the sauce doesn't saturate the tortilla and place on the pan, flipping once until the cheese is melted.
You'll also love
- Sauerbraten (German Beef Roast... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- My Go To Chicken Marsala 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Ginger Chicken 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Blooming Onion Bread 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Chinese Sesame Chicken 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A... 4.6/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (26 Votes)
- Healthier Chicken Fried Rice 4.5/5 (27 Votes)